Shining Bangladesh Monday | 24 January 2022

Headline

Myanmar actor jailed 3 years supporting pro-democracy protests SSC, equivalent exam results on Thursday Navy to get more sophisticated warships, war equipment: PM Early repatriation of the Rohingyas is our lead priority: Momen World Bank ups Bangladesh`s GDP forecast to 6.4% Khelafat Majlish leaves BNP-led 20-party alliance Bangladesh to vaccinate 8 million on PM Hasina`s birthday PM Hasina places six proposals to fight Covid in UNGA Want actions, not words: PM Hasina on Rohingya crisis Declare Covid vaccines as global public good: PM Sheikh Hasina PM Hasina seeks US investment in ICT, renewable energy India sees record economic growth during Covid surge

4 people suffer burns due to gas cylinder leaking in Narayanganj

News Desk || shiningbd

Published: 13:58, 5 December 2021  
4 people suffer burns due to gas cylinder leaking in Narayanganj

A leak in the cooking gas cylinder is suspected to trigger a fire at a Narayanganj home leaving four people with burn injuries, say officials.

The fire was reported late on Saturday at a fifth-floor flat of a building in the Fatulla late on Saturday, said Deputy Director Abdullah Al Arefin of the Narayanganj Fire Service.

“A fire-fighting unit was dispatched immediately. However, the locals managed to put out the flames before they reached the scene,” he said.

Four people were rushed to local hospital before they were transferred to the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in Dhaka.

The victims have been identified as 37-year-old female China Begum, Milon Hossain, 26, Osman Gani, 25, and Shahed Mia, 30. All of them were apparel factory workers.

“Victim China Begum has suffered critical burn injuries,” said senior firefighter Arefin.

Locals said that two families lived the flat. The flames erupted as soon as someone turned on the stove to make dinner.Dhaka Tribune

shiningbd/ZR


Notice: Undefined variable: sPopper in /mnt/volume_sgp1_04/shin25g67b8d/public_html/details.php on line 650