Beef Shingaras Recipe
News Desk || shiningbd
BEEF FILLING MIXTURE
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ground fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups frozen cubed potatoes (hash brown style works well)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup water
2 sheets prepared pie crust circles
- Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and brown ground beef with onions over medium heat approximately 5 minutes, until beef begins to brown.
- Add in chopped garlic and chili peppers and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until beef is completely browned and onions are translucent and tender.
- Add in remaining spices and stir to combine.
- Stir in potatoes and green peas, carefully stirring to combine.
- Add in water, cover, and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and chill in the refrigerator for one hour until cool.
- Bring the prepared pie crust to room temperature according to package directions.
- Cut each circle into eighths pieces, just as you would slice a pie or cake.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of beef filling in the middle of each pastry slice, and then gather the corners at the top to make somewhat of a pyramid shape, sealing the sides with moistened fingers. (You can freeze the pastries for future use)
- Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan over high heat. Fry samosas in small batches until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes.
- Drain and keep warm.